Prince's Countryside Fund
The Prince's Countryside Fund has announced that it has re-opened for applications. The aim of the fund is to help improve the long-term sustainability of the British countryside. In this funding round up to £500,000 is available to support projects that:
• Improve service provision in rural areas
• Support rural enterprise; support farming businesses
• Provide training opportunities for young people.
Funding is available for both capital and revenue costs. Applicants can be, but do not need to be, charities. All applicants must however be able to clearly demonstrate a significant level of public benefit arising from their activities (which fulfill the Fund’s charitable objects).
Previous projects supported include:
- The Yorkshire Moors Agricultural Apprenticeship scheme offering apprenticeships to young people aspiring to be upland farmers.
- Hampshire Fare, which is a county food group established to promote the benefits of buying local produce.
Please go the PCF website for more information.